Thursday, September 5, 2013

Eat Your Crust

It's kind of hot here at the core of the Earth.

And it feels a bit odd.

Like when you peel apart flower stems to see what's inside.  Because you're bored and you can.  The Earth seems like a big thing to get to the center of, but trust me, when you're soul-searching, you can do anything.



Funny thing about getting to the center of things is that the real fun's already passed by the time you're there.  All that's waiting inside is sticky white stuff, when the flower petals are on the outside.

So much for inner value.  I no longer have a reason to attempt self-esteem I guess.

All that's waiting here is sticky white stuff.  As in, a very sweaty girl whose shade of foundation is called "Porcelain".  You aren't missing much by not being here, believe me.

Stop complaining about Earth.  I'm not saying I'm homesick already, but man, you have it good up there on Earth's crust.  The mantle is hardly worth your time, and I think I've expounded enough on the core of this place.

Remember all the awkward parts in the Bill Nye videos that everybody loves?  Remember that one kid who always sat eating sandwiches with his parents and never ate his crust, and they always told him to?  His name is Richie.  You are Richie.  Don't be.

"Richie, eat your crust!"



Because the crust is great.  I always eat it first, even though I think the rest tastes better.  Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't.  But either way, the crust is the journey.  Either way, it's good for you.

So yeah.  I like the meadows and peonies much better than this viciously hot stuff.  Do I regret the trip yet?  Nah.  We're going to the rest of the universe and beyond.  That's like the crust to the crust Earth already has.  And it's a big one.

This sticky white stuff is more than ready for a new color.  Captain told me I have galaxies in my eyes.  I really hope that when I find them, they're lime green.  If they aren't, I'll draw over them with my favorite crayon.  Maybe that's a center I could handle someday.

3 comments:

  1. Are you saying to savor the crust? Because that's what I got from this and I like it. This post really made me think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like where you went with this. I loved how all the thoughts flowed and fit together perfectly. Good message. Deep.

    ReplyDelete