Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Second Hypothetical Conversation with Howard Long

Hello my dear Howard.

And how are you tonight?

Oh.

That's good.

I thought you might be at least a little better.

But that's fine.


So it sounds like you miss me Howard.

Fine.  Just fine.

I CARE.  You ROCK anyway.


Once again...the moon.

Yep.  It's pretty romantic.

I'm kind of serious this time.

What can I say?  Where do I start?

Okay.

Deep breath.

Let's face it--I was wrong about you.

Just because I did not know you, just because I saw the boyish side of you, just because you were far too afraid and I just too unsure.

It all changed when you told me what you want to be when you grow up, and that matters.

"Perhaps I'll let myself," I said.  "Perhaps it's not just the attention he's giving me."

And it worked.

You're wonderful and charming and delightful and I know I care more than ever even though I've totally always cared.  Thanks for the letters.  We haven't admitted they're love letters yet, but the wax seals prove it for us.

You should have told me you were going on an expedition of everything too.  I'm not supposed to know, but I'm told it's because you want to meet me at the edge of the universe.

That'd be nice.

I've seen more moons in more skies and I'm starting to change my mind.  The moon can be as creative as all the things you've done that I never thought were possible.

That were for me.

I didn't know you adore Clair de Lune too.



Want to dance to another song?  I'm sorry it's in Spanish again.  But you'll probably like it.

Adios and fond farewell.


Sapo Azul por Jesse y Joy

1 comment:

  1. I love this post, but man that picture is just icing on the cake. It really fits. Well done.

    ReplyDelete