Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Princess and the Pluviophile

You were so happy when I knew the word "petrichor."  Nobody else knows that word except for me and you.  How does that work?  When I asked, I didn't even think you would.  Was that really how it happened?

Needless to say, this gray weather has made me more than a little red and blue with wanting to see you.  Thing is, I know you're dying to see me too.  You're probably dying just a little more inside because you know the word "petrichor" and you love the rain and you're the reason why we talk about it every time it occurs and why I go walk around in boots and an umbrella in the downpours that I can.

I know I'm your princess, okay?  Just let me know when you figure out what that means for yourself.  In the meantime, I hope you can figure out from my discombobulating responses and loud laughter that you're my pluviophile.

We'll be pluviophiles for life, okay?  No, that's not a commitment to you.  It's a commitment to me and to the rain and to the petrichor.  I swear by my title as a princess.

However.

Right now, we can be pluviophiles not for life at the same time and together.





1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I love this oh my oh my oh my. Can I print it out and put it in my room?
    and I really miss you and your words...

    ReplyDelete