Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Space Camp

Captain stopped the spacecraft on a distant planet which was shaped like something I could never describe.  A lot of little alien kids hopped on and we gave them a ride.

"Where are you going?" I asked a particularly short one; I think it was a girl.

"To save a galaxy!" it chimed.  "And survive a supernova!"

"You really think you'll do that much?  Aren't you a bit young?"

"The youngest youngling ever!  Exactly so!"

And then the supernova hit.

I banged my head on the deck and things got fuzzy.  Red lights went off.  Alarms blared.  My nose bled.

In the morning, those kids were gone, so the only thing I remember...

Was them smacking the floor and screaming "I THOUGHT THIS WAS SPACE CAMP!  I THOUGHT THIS WAS SPACE CAMP!"

No comments:

Post a Comment