Monday, October 28, 2013

Herbs

Mint and lavender.

Mint for me, and lavender for you.

You picked the mint from your garden.

I picked the lavender from a speeding comet.

Mint has soothing properties, perhaps it can make this comet slow down.  Oh dear.  The comet looks like my heart.  Mint is a bit too much for it--you know how I feel.

Slow down everything, because I can't do it.  Not when you give me mint.

Here is your lavender.  A marvelous little plant.  Lavender is poetry.  Lavender is a pastime.  Lavender is purple, which just so happens to be a combination of two of my favorite primary colors.

I have a feeling you like those colors too.

I can't keep calm, so if you want to ride the comet with me, you had better find a way to slow things down.  I don't want you to stop giving me mint.

If only we had a little more thyme.


1 comment:

  1. "If only we had a little more thyme." I laughed and that and was moved by it all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete